Spring 2021 Here’s an article to read to maybe help get you into a better mind space and practice some self care before the new academic year starts.
2021 Winter Consider this in your office: Pandemic Patch-up. Using Zoom videoconferencing to create a virtual teaching clinic https://www.cfp.ca/content/67/1/65
2020 Dec 12: R1’s still need 4 recorded visits reviewed. For options see this document:
2020 Sept 30: And now for some completely different Faculty Development Sessions
As you are aware, we have not been/ will not be able to meet for our usual FP Preceptor and Rotation Coordinator dinners because of Covid 19. You have all been amazing during this time – meeting your own clinical demands, plus supporting learners. In lieu of our large group dinner get togethers at my house, I am proposing small groups (5 of you or less, plus me) at my home … with appropriate physical distancing and covid friendly plated meals. I propose that each person choose topics of interest to them, and I will form groups based on interest and available dates. We will mix FP Preceptors and Rotation Coordinators for these sessions. We will use some UBC learning modules to guide our sessions, allowing for discussion and sharing about teaching in general.
Please complete this Google Form so that I can gauge interest in this Kelowna Faculty Development plan. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdGS8RTiLQHe_cDPrxJR_K1XYzEl7alRSLiuOjSTRisVkOxOA/viewform?usp=sf_link
2020 August 08 : I hope your year is off to a good start. If you have any “Post Covid” teaching tips or pearls to share with the group please email me and I will post them here. I really hope we can get together as a group, in the fall over dinner. I will be looking for a creative venue (within our UBC budget) for this.
EASY LINKS TO THE OTHER TEACHING PAGES
- Teaching home page https://kelownafamilymed.ca/teaching/
- For new and recently updated teaching information https://kelownafamilymed.ca/recently-added-tips-and-resources/
- For archived information from the “newly added” page https://kelownafamilymed.ca/archived-kelowna-teaching-information/
- For links to other teaching resources https://kelownafamilymed.ca/links-to-other-teaching-resources/
- For the Preceptor Manual (in development) https://kelownafamilymed.ca/preceptor-manual/